Thursday, August 25, 2011

dark rider

lately i've been experiencing a familiar feeling, one that was almost omnipresent during the entire course of my NS, and especially so during my time at 1SIR.

and i can't decide whether this is a good or a bad thing, but i suppose it doesn't matter.
every building needs its supporting pillars, otherwise how would the skyscrapers reach the clouds?
likewise, every rainbow 6 team of three needs two soldiers to cover the surroundings while the point-man picks off the enemies.
and of course, every good soccer team needs a good defensive four and 1 x solid defensive midfielder to do the dirty work in order for the front players to be able to work their flair + creativity.

in the end, it's really not we who are underneath, but what we do that defines us.

i only need to answer to myself.
to be satisfied with what i do as a person.
and to be deserving of my own respect.

first and foremost.

i've made my mistakes
i've seen my heart cave in
i got my scars
i've been to hell and back again
born for the blues skies
we'll survive the rain
born for the sunrise
we'll survive the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment